Properties of cotton
Cotton fiber has good moisture absorption . Under normal circumstances, the fiber can absorb water from the surrounding atmosphere, its water content is 8 ~ 10%, so it touches human skin, so that people feel soft and not stiff. If the humidity of cotton increases and the surrounding temperature is high, the amount of water contained in the fiber will all evaporate and dissipate, so that the fabric remains in a state of water balance and makes people feel comfortable.
Because cotton fiber is a poor conductor of heat and electricity, the heat transfer coefficient is very low, and because cotton fiber itself has porous, high elasticity advantages, between the fibers can accumulate a lot of air, air and is a poor conductor of heat and electricity, so, cotton fiber textiles have good moisture retention, wearing cotton woven clothing makes people feel warm.
Cotton fabric heat resistance is good, below 110 degrees Celsius, will only cause the evaporation of water on the fabric, will not damage the fiber, so cotton fabrics at room temperature, wear the use, wash printing and dyeing, etc. on the fabric are not affected, thus improving the cotton fabric washable and wearable taking performance.
Cotton fiber resistance to alkali, cotton fiber in alkali solution, fiber does not damage the phenomenon, performance is conducive to taking after the pollution of washing, disinfection in addition to impurities, but also cotton textiles can be dyed, printed and a variety of process processing to produce more cotton weaving new varieties.
Cotton fiber is a natural fiber, its main component is cellulose, and a small amount of wax-like substances and nitrogenous substances and pectin. Cotton fabrics by a variety of checks and practice, weaving and skin contact without any stimulation, no negative effects, long wear on the human body is beneficial and harmless, good health performance.
Easy to wrinkle, and wrinkled after the more difficult to smooth out.
Easy to shrink, cotton clothing shrinkage rate is 2% to 5%, after special processing, or washing treatment exception.
Easy to deformation, cotton clothing will be easy to deformation, especially summer clothes, because the fabric is thin
How to wash cotton
1. available in a variety of detergents, can be hand-washed or machine washed, but because the elasticity of cotton fibers is poor, do not wash with a large frustration, so as not to change the clothes, affecting the size.
2. white clothing can be washed at high temperature with a strong alkaline detergent, bleaching effect, intimate underwear can not be soaked in hot water, so as not to appear yellow sweat spots. Other color shirts are best washed in cold water, do not use detergents containing bleaching ingredients or washing powder for washing, so as not to cause decolorization, and not to pour washing powder directly on the cotton fabric, so as not to local decolorization.
3. light colors, white can be soaked 1 to 2 hours after washing to remove dirt better. Dark colors do not soak for too long to avoid fading, should be washed in time, the water can add a spoonful of salt, so that the clothes are not easy to fade;.
4. Dark clothes should be washed separately from other clothes to avoid staining.
5. clothes washed and drained, it should be folded up, a large squeeze off the water or a towel wrap rolled up to squeeze the water, do not force wringing, so as to avoid clothes out of shape. nor drip dry, so that the clothes will be overly shaped after drying.
6. Washing and dehydration should be quickly flattened and hung dry to reduce creasing. In addition to white fabrics, do not expose yourself to the sun, avoid exposure to the sun and make the cotton oxidation accelerate, thereby reducing the service life of the clothes and causing fading yellowing . If drying in the sun, it is recommended that the inside faces out for drying.
7. Keep the color bright. Use neutralizing acid to neutralize the alkaline substances on the fabric. Dilute with clean water and rinse with clean water.
About Linen: Properties, washing and more
What is Linen：
1.The flax plant, Linum usitatissimum, produces the fibers that are used to make linen, a natural textile.
2.Since over 10,000 years ago, it has been used to create everything from canvases and wallpaper to garments and bedding.
3.The strength of linen was used by the Egyptians to wrap the mummies of the pharaohs, and medieval knights wore linen under their armor in the form of shirts and pants.
4.Over time, people began referring to domestic items like bedding, tablecloths, towels, etc. as linens, even though they weren't always made of linen fabric.
Properties of linen
If you've ever used linen materials, you may be familiar with its primary characteristics. However, for those who are unfamiliar with linen, the following are the main factors that contribute to its appeal:
Breathable: In addition to effectively absorbing moisture, linen fibers have a quick rate of moisture release. Because flax plants have hollow interiors that allow for greater air permeability, linen clothing dries fast and doesn't adhere to the body. Additionally, because linen is a natural insulator, it keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Absorbent: The hollow flax fiber used to make linen is good at absorbing moisture; to be precise, it can do so up to 20% of its own weight before becoming damp. This is a crucial quality for clothing, bedding, towels, and other linens.
Hypoallergenic: Many people believe that linen provides medicinal benefits, including the ability to speed up the healing of wounds and treat skin conditions like eczema. However, linen's main benefit is that fabric is hypoallergenic, making it ideal for anyone with sensitive skin or allergies.
How to wash linen
1. Sort the linens into white, dark, and colored piles. Turn linens inside out and wash them separately from other fabrics for optimal results.
2. Use lukewarm water to wash (about 40°C/104°F). High heat can damage linen fibres and cause shrinking of up to 10%.
3. Don't overload your washing machine and use the gentle machine cycle.
4. Use mild detergent formulated for delicate fabrics. Avoid detergents that contain ingredients like Sodium Hydroxide, Cellulase, Amylase, Sodium Borate, and Cellulase. Avoid bleaching.
1. To wash by hand, put a little amount of lukewarm water and a teaspoon of mild detergent in a bucket or sink.
2. Soak the linen item in lukewarm water for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Gently swirl the object. Avoid stretching the cloth by wringing, twisting, or scrubbing.
4. Drain the soapy water and rinse several times to completely remove the soapy residue. Dry by hanging.
About Cotton blend: Properties, washing and more
What is Cotton blend
Blended chemical fiber fabric refers to the chemical fiber and other cotton, wool, silk, hemp and other natural fibers mixed spinning woven into the textile products. For example: polyester-cotton cloth, polyester-wool wada tweed, etc. Polyester-cotton blends are textiles woven from 65%-67% polyester and 33%-35% cotton blended yarns with polyester as the main ingredient
Properties of cotton blend
Both highlight the style of polyester and the strengths of cotton fabric . In dry and wet conditions elasticity and wear resistance are better, size stability, shrinkage rate is small, with straight, not easy to wrinkle, easy to wash, fast dry characteristics, can not be ironed at high temperature and soaking boiling water.
How to wash cotton blend
1. Try not to machine wash, if you use the washing machine to stir hard, it is easy to deformation, wrinkles, the general application of hand washing way separate washing, washing time should not exceed 30 minutes. Or you can put the clothes in the laundry bag, and then use the washing machine gentle gear washing.
2. should not soak too long, colored fabrics do not use hot water ironing, so as not to damage the color, to wash with cold water, under the water that wash, the first wash is best in cold water with a spoonful of salt.
3. Use neutral laundry detergent or special laundry detergent, such as silk and linen detergent, etc., prohibit the use of chlorine, enzyme detergents, and the first few times do not mix washing, and do not use laundry detergent, 84 disinfectant and some other ingredients to hurt the color directly contact clothing.
4. Avoid using hard brushes and rubbing, to prevent the fabric from pilling, and do not twist after washing.
After washing is completed, do not expose in the sun, long exposure to the sun, will reduce the wear fastness, easy to make the clothing fade or yellowing, so the reverse side of the clothing should be dried.